IBCM Network connects and serves a worldwide community of Bible-based local churches, believers, and organisations, holding such values as:
a high regard for the authority of scripture
plurality of leadership
the baptism of believers
the regular observance of communion
being active in service and mission
IBCM Network connects and serves a worldwide community who share the following core values:
1. Bible-Based Community
We are a body of Christians who are unified by the love of Christ having a heritage of faithfulness to the principles of the Bible.
2. Authority of Scripture
We believe the Bible is the supreme authority in all matters of faith and life.
We are committed to the self-governance of each local Church, led by a group of leaders having equal authority, while encouraging a commitment to unity, and partnering together with other likeminded churches.
According to the command of our Lord we encourage the baptism of all Christians by immersion.
We remember the Lord Jesus Christ through regular communion, which is sometimes called the Lord’s Supper or the Breaking of Bread.
6. Every-Member Ministry
We encourage the active participation of all within the local church consistent with the principle of the priesthood of all Christians.
7. Service and Mission
We believe that following Christ leads to a life of service and a clear commitment to extending the kingdom of God by sharing the gospel and making disciples both near and far.
Statement of Faith
IBCM Network connects and serves a worldwide community who believe in…
- The one true God who lives eternally in three persons—the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
- The love, grace and sovereignty of God in creating, sustaining, ruling, redeeming and judging the world.
- The divine inspiration and supreme authority of the Old and New Testament Scriptures, which are the written Word of God—fully trustworthy for faith and conduct.
- The dignity of all people, made male and female in God’s image to love, be holy and care for creation, yet corrupted by sin, which incurs divine wrath and judgement.
- The incarnation of God’s eternal Son, the Lord Jesus Christ — born of the virgin Mary; truly divine and truly human, yet without sin.
- The atoning sacrifice of Christ on the cross: dying in our place, paying the price of sin and defeating evil, so reconciling us with God.
- The bodily resurrection of Christ, the first fruits of our resurrection; his ascension to the Father, and his reign and mediation as the only Saviour of the world.
- The justification of sinners solely by the grace of God through faith in Christ.
- The ministry of God the Holy Spirit, who leads us to repentance, unites us with Christ through new birth, empowers our discipleship and enables our witness.
- The Church, the body of Christ both local and universal, the priesthood of all believers—given life by the Spirit and endowed with the Spirit’s gifts to worship God and proclaim the gospel, promoting justice and love.
- The personal and visible return of Jesus Christ to fulfil the purposes of God, who will raise all people to judgement, bring eternal life to the redeemed and eternal condemnation to the lost, and establish a new heaven and new earth.